Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 44: Productive non writing week

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:74,181
Words typed this week:0
Words lost this week:0
Total increase:0
Days I managed to write this week:0

I have not been writing this week because I needed time to do other bits of my thesis. So I have done the post proof reading edit on the worship chapter and that meant it was also time to send that out to my placement churches. The editing was fairly straightforward. I worked through one on Thursday and one on Friday and combined them to check that I had sorted things. I think I have. However if anyone has a verb that explains what a minister does when they adapt a piece of liturgy for use in their own setting and yet the piece remains distinctly related to the original, then please let me know. It is a bit like hearing a piece of music that is titled "variations on a theme by XXX". I used "riffs" neither of my proof readers like it but the other verbs suggested imply quite strongly doing this within worship.

The getting the chapters out was also more work and more expense than I had expected. A full toner was used (costing over £8 pounds) partly at least because my machine does not automatically do double sided so I was making mistakes in trying to get it too. Secondly I need to get them bound £4 each and then there is postage and I will have to send them recorded delivery as this is the only paper copy. There is of course paper as well.

This week I have a supervision and I start the chapter on belonging. It is going to be fun at least in part because it does not have the same story piece that the chapter on Tradition happened but rather I have to make the effort to draw more on the data from the first three chapters and probably a bit of the tradition I also have a supervision on Tuesday so we shall see how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment