Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 46: Small count hides quite a bit of work

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:76,268
Words typed this week:372
Words lost this week:0
Total increase:372
Days I managed to write this week:1

There are exactly four more green bits of tissue paper on the triskele this week. The increase is quite small this week and I know I should be writing more but it has been a real struggle to get this far. That said I did read a whole book yesterday and I spent quite a bit of time during the week actually working on something else in the tradition chapter plus there has been a lot of organising bits and pieces I need to do so that I can keep working while I am on holiday.

One of the reasons it is so slow is that I am having to put together the theory as I go, this is stuff I know but that I have not spent time reading around and I need it now because I have to give another angle to my argument about belonging. This is taking me to theorists who are normally used in subjects like social psychology, conversational analysis and so on. These are very different theorists to the big social theorists that I have spent most of my time with and yet to portray belonging we need to look at these.  That means this week I really need to get my head around social constructionism and the difference between English and American Schools of this. I suspect I will go with the English who are not so optimistic about the role an individual can play in creating reality.

It should also be noted that I had a cold during the week and was definitely below par.

No comments:

Post a Comment