Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 17: Well still writing despites cold and computers interfering


Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far:33,912
Words typed this week: 3068
Words lost this week: 0
Total increase: 3068
Days I managed to write this week: 4

This won't be long, as you can see a pretty credible increase this week, indeed I actually have not written up all I have drafted, my head became too fuzzy to concentrate due to a cold. The cold is a pain in several ways. It stopped me going into work on Friday which would not matter but it meant that I could not pick up my new router, which as my old one went defunct due to the prelude to a powercut means my internet connection is quite low. Although I am at present feeling like grumbling about this, it may be a good thing in that it allows me to get through more reading which I really need to. Does any doctoral student get enough time to do all the reading they need to.

The good news is that despite this I have found a place in Barth where he states the standard Reformed understanding on sacred space. No this is not new take on Barth, nor is Barth being particularly clever rather he is just the only Reformed theologian to actually think it was worth writing about, after all there was no controversy, you learnt it at Sunday School and that was that.

Next week I am going to have to re-write my stuff around theory and space. I don't think I did it particularly well first time through but now having written most of the rest of the chapter I think I may have a better idea of what I need to write. I need to check through several things and there are things I need to include that I excluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment