Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 14: Location is becoming to come together

Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far:27,923
Words typed this week: 2326
Words lost this week: 786
Total increase: 1540
Days I managed to write this week: 4

Sorry if those numbers aren't quite right. I have just found out that I have been counting the words wrong. The 80,000 is excluding all footnotes and I have been including footnotes Duh! There thus has been corrections to my numbers.

The chapter on location and the way congregations interact with that as part of their identity is coming along slowly. There definitely is an interaction between the congregations own understanding of who it is, and the location but it is not deterministic. I am also getting a feel for what I need to write. It is intriguing trying to present two anonymised congregations in something like their complexity. I am having to keep a notebook of whose who and what characteristics I have given them. I will get what I have written off to one of my proofreaders today.

Yes this is Saturday mid day. I have not finished for the weekend, what I am going to do is put my data into NVivo and try and start sorting through it. Or at least put some of the data in, there are about four box files of other stuff, plus I am waiting for a notebook to be returned. So still plenty to be done. I guess the first thing is to try and code things for each of the three big themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment