Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 13: I think I have the theory of space sorted out

Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 26,746
Words typed this week: 2354
Words lost this week: 0
Total increase: 2354
Days I managed to write this week: 4

As you will spot I have not been editing this week, I know, I said I would but by Friday I was really getting impatient with the theory of space, or rather my lack of understanding of it, so I sat down with For Space by Doreen Massey and a couple of other books and had a good go at getting it sorted. Doreen is making an argument for a specific understanding of space but probably more usefully she has gone through the previous arguments and so has enabled me to go through them. Not that I relied totally on her. What she also gives in an understanding of space that happens to work particularly well with my thesis. I am not saying she is infallible but it is enough to be working with. The stuff to do with space and religion was much easier as I had come across that in my reading.Having done that I then had to deal with the tradition. That was a lot easier than it seems, partly because this was not the place where I am spelling out the matters of the tradition rather it was a matter of picking up some themes and working them through. Now I have to do the data work that builds on this! So next weeks writing will be the factual demographics or maybe the bit on relationship to space. I need to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment