Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting back into pace in the New Year

The brain storm for the next chapter
Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 21,720
Total increase: 383




I have been working less intensely over Christmas and the New Year. The change of 383 words is due to editing and so forth. So yes I have been doing bits. I also have been reading about Sociology of Space. There is surprising little stuff out there and what there is, is very disparate. I have found out about Psychogeography, some on the narrative of space and a Marxist on the production of Space. Within my research tradition there is plenty on Sacred space, a bit on church ecology and maybe some work on localisations. Not a lot but there was lots about situation, place, use of space and so forth going on in the congregations. So today I brainstormed space and came up with the following sheet. It allows me to create a structure that is a first draft. There is something exciting about starting this draft as it is here that I finally start to create my style of writing about the congregations. This is far more central than my previous work.




I have also got to the situation where I have submitted at least a first draft of my first chapter to my supervisor. It is nowhere near finished. There is stuff I will not be able to write until I have finished my thesis, it is methodological chapter, one piece has only just gone to my proof readers and I have not put it together, and it is too long and needs a pretty strong cut doing to it but at present I need to do a final tidy up and then leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment