Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week 10: Writing during Christmas preparations

Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 21,337
Words typed this week: 1514
Words lost this week: 0
Total increase: 1514
Days I managed to write this week: 4

Yay over the 20,000 mark and in ten weeks. Yay that is most of my methods done. I can leave it for now and get back to it when I have actually finished my writing up so can write on the analysis with hindsight rather than making guesses about how I will do it.

I actually had enough words in my notebook to write the full 2000 but decided against them. Some of the words were repetitions, some belonged in other sections and so on. Also I have not had the same concentration this week. I was very much carving out time from what my brain said I should be using to prepare for Christmas. However the preparations are largely sorted and so I don't need to feel too worried over the time spent on thesis.

The big task for while I am away is to work out where I go next. I think I am going to start on the chapter which at present has the title location. I think I want to leave the tradition to last but we shall see. I have basically chapters based on my ethnography with congregations: location, community and worship. Location could be context, and I suspect it will be the easiest as it also have a fairly limited literature base.

However there are Christmas and New Year in the next fortnight and therefore visits to family and God-family (I am God-parent to the two girls in the family). So I am not going to be writing until about the 6/7th January or at least writing up. What I do intend to do is a lot of general writing and reading. So please don't expect anything until 6/7th and even then it may be low on word count.

Hope you all have a good time over Christmas and may in the New Year you find fresh energy to tackle lives challenges.

3 comments:

  1. Happy and peaceful Christmas to you too Jengie. I hope you get a good rest and are able to recharge your batteries ready for massive progress next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope that you to find New Year a chance to recharge.

    Jengie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete