Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 9 - Writing around a conference

Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 19,823
Words typed this week: 1894
Words lost this week: 0
Total increase: 1986
Days I managed to write this week: 3

Well as you can read about in my previous blog post I have had a conference this week. I travelled up Sunday and came back Tuesday evening. Actually due to timings of the conference I managed a half hour writing on one of the mornings but not on the second. The other thing is that I lost the second day, which was yesterday due to migraine. I suppose I could have done it today, but I did not. The net result of trying to do this is that I have been a lot less focussed than other weeks and my writing felt woolly at the start of today. I simply did not have the engagement with the methodological texts I have had previous weeks.  I think I have got it back on track, indeed I think some of the

Therefore I am going to try and write another 1000 words this coming week, there are several incentives for doing this. Firstly those 1000 will mean I have an amount that is about quarter of my thesis written. Secondly it means I have a sort of draft for my methodology. It isn't complete, there is something about analytic methods to go into the there, but as I have not even started started the second immersion I don't feel like I can write about it yet.

Now I must really do some file housekeeping and download the proof read section I need to final edit and get two other shorter sections off to my proof readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment