Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 8 : While on strike and preparing for conference

Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 17,929
Words typed this week: 2,243
Words lost this week: 257
Total increase: 1986
Days I managed to write this week: 4

Progress still steady, missed the two thousand words this week by fourteen! There is actually good reason for that, there were also eighteen different items referenced in those words and each reference has to be chased down and checked. Basically I had at least another fourteen words I could have added but I was running out of time. Fewer words lost this week but I still ended up removing some as they did not fit where they were.

I was running out of time as tomorrow I go to the Society for the Study of Theology Postgraduate conference in Edinburgh and I am giving a talk on that. No the talk is written and I did the slides yesterday but there are other things like tidying the flat, doing a bit of shopping (so I have something to eat when I get in) and packing that need doing and can not be put off until tomorrow as i am travelling.

The conference should be interesting, there are enough papers close enough for me to find stuff that interests me. Unfortunately one seminar I would on has a head on clash with me presenting a paper. I would have been struggling to choose if which to go to if it hadn't.

The strike was interesting, it compacted my working week into three days and thereby gave me officially an extra day for thesis. In actual fact it did not work like that and I ended up tired out on the day and slept about half of it but at least I got some reading done.

I am also beginning to struggle with how bitty the thesis writing is and loose track of all my drafts and I have not started the really serious part of actually writing the data chapters! I am still on the methodology but should soon finish that.


No comments:

Post a Comment