Saturday, April 6, 2013

Well a couple of fairly productive weeks

Daffodils at a local park
I am just realising that I did not manage to write anything last week even though I did quite a bit of work. I think some of that was due to the fact that I had a very full weekend and when I finally finished the extended weekend's work on thesis I was immediately going out to elders (I took the photo was taken walking to elders).

Firstly I got feed back on the chapter on belonging, I think my supervisor is now largely happy with it just wanting minor corrections so that gives me tradition, worship and belonging as in second draft. Last weekend I sent off the redraft of flows. It is frustrating in some ways. On one level it works as a chapter but the thread that would make it shine is not there yet.  I want it to shine and I know it is something quite simple but I am not sure what. Anyway I got it off to my supervisor so that is three officially in second draft and a fourth possibly.

I say that with last weekend not just being Easter weekend but also my ministers last weekend with us. She is inducted to a church in Southampton next weekend. I found that Friday and Saturday were not good writing days especially as I was worrying about being table elder on the Sunday and getting things right for the service. I was also off colour not quite sure now what with; at the time I thought I was skirting a migraine but it also sounds very much like a bug that is going around. However my brain cleared on Tuesday and I got things sorted and off to my supervisor.

So this weekend I have been working at getting another chapter up to scratch. The one this time is the one on location and what I am trying is even though this is descriptive chapter to see if I can integrated with the observational data and see what I actually come up with. It takes a bit of doing because the use I have done of the theory is pretty general. That and I need to cut this by a third for the thesis length.  It may work, it may not. The idea at the present is to work from locating, through the use of space to the experience of worship. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment