Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 34: Progress made while at a conference

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:53,825
Words typed this week:2000
Words lost this week:0
Total increase:2000
Days I managed to write this week:4

Yes the word count this week is exactly 2000, no more, no less. This is complete and utter accident, a sentence that finished the section on normal URC worship quite neatly did it in exactly that many words and as it was 2000 I felt that I did not need to go any further and stopped.


I am well aware that no-one in the URC apart from me thinks there is any such thing as normal URC worship, yet having been involved with a variety of different congregations over the years, at least eleven I can think of, as well as visiting too many to count, on a one off basis, I find that when I am in worship I know what is going on when and why most of the time. It is a lot easier to follow than if I went into your average Anglican. I think part of this is we do not proclaim which faction of the denomination we belong to so clearly through worship. The hints rather are there but are more subtle than within Anglicanism, you actually have to read the hymns and listen to the sermon to get them.


I am debating where next. I think I might try and see what I can do about hymns. This is intriguing as I will need to rewrite one of the two papers I have presented. The big challenge is that while I can do stuff on hymns and sacraments, I have only a little on sermons which can probably be put into hymns, and nothing on prayers. I am go into a very different mode during prayers and it seems rude to me to be thinking about how to record them, maybe this week I need to really concentrate on liturgy of the Word and deal with sacraments separately. The fourth section would then be on other services.

No comments:

Post a Comment