Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 30: Dealing with the tradition

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far: 54,562
Words typed this week:2194
Words lost this week:0
Total increase:2194
Days I managed to write this week:4

Despite having been to supervision this week writing wise it has been a pretty straightforward week. What I have had to do is to bring the theory and the description together and ask what does this say about the way tradition is experienced within the congregation. It is interesting that I found I think four separate things to say although the first three were how the tradition impinged on the congregation. The first was that a feeling of loss was exacerbated because of the tradition, the second was one of these daft situation where the tradition works against itself and the final one was where the tradition starts to interact with the local in an interesting way. The final was the need of the local tradition to sustain itself and the ways that congregations go about doing that. So I have made decent progress.

Unfortunately the chapter is too long and there are still bits missing, nothing major, but also quite a bit of repetition to be got rid of. Then there is the integration of the theory and the description. This can only happen at this stage, I need to have both written before I am able to link them. So next weekend which is a long one, I will be taking the chapter to bits and putting it back together again, hopefully with 5000 fewer words. Then it is off to the proof readers with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment