Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 28: Slower again but I am writing the theory now.

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:
49,698
Words typed this week:1268
Words lost this week:0
Total increase:1268
Days I managed to write this week:4

Right this weeks progress is poor, I am not going to pretend otherwise. However I am more pleased with it than it looks.  I have swapped from writing the descriptive, which I find relatively easy to write, to writing the theoretical. The problem with the theoretical is that I have to be precise. That means when I am writing it up I need to get the references right. I spent a good couple of hours today looking for various bits a pieces. I remembered that when I first started out I found a couple of papers on congregations as organisations. I wanted to have a look at them again. So I needed to find them. I am fairly organised and they were in the folder I thought they would be in but I had to find the folder first. Then I wanted to cite a Kindle edition. I have been checking the internet and been told to cite one I needed to find the doi or a url. Have you ever tried finding a doi for a Kindle book! Worse still it was one of those books that do not have page numbers. Most Kindle books now do but there are still some early ones that don't. So I had to cite chapter.

The other thing is that I have planned out my theory part for this chapter and am actually quite excited about writing it. That might be part of the problem with me writing anything of any length. The thing is that I am getting a grasp of where I am going, still have to work out the last major data chapter on worship, plenty of stuff there just got to work it out. I never really expected to have a chapter on Worship when I started, just as I never expected to have to report that despite appearances it looks as if church meeting is a functioning institution and perhaps we should not put so much effort into revitalising it as put effort into using it for what it is good at. I have also finished the section on welcoming and that was tricky. Not so much because the congregations weren't welcoming; they both were, but because for once I had talk about the individual. I have kept it short, but this person really was the focus of some major parts of the congregation's character and yet she'd absolutely hate having any limelight at all. Its not that she has done anything bad, she is on the whole a force for good.

Anyway this week I need to write the the rest of the theory, this is going to be read and write so pretty intense and then next weekend I need to write it up and pull together all the data parts of the chapter and get it off to my supervisor. It is not a finished chapter there is one major section missing but I suspect it will now be closer than my previous chapter was at this stage which will make writing the next chapter easier. So a pretty intense week and I am doing the sound next Sunday so can't miss church.

No comments:

Post a Comment