Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 25: Crossed 40,000 word mark

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:43,132
Words typed this week:3267
Words lost this week:0
Total increase: 3267
Days I managed to write this week:4

Right as you can see I have managed to get over half way with my word count. I am also approaching the half way mark with my three data chapters, in that I have over one and a half written. There is also the fact that I have started a new arm of my triskele, you can see the yellow and green now appearing. So when I have this arm finished I will be close to having enough words written and I will be on the home straight. The scary thing is I am still on target, I seem to be getting there at a pace which I can handle.

This week has also seen me send off the second draft of my first data chapter to my supervisor ready for a supervision on Tuesday. I am hoping that this is at the stage where I can concentrate on my second chapter this coming month and get it sorted. I still have quite a bit of reading to do, but tackling it by writing descriptive bits first then putting in the theory seems to be working better. The problem with this chapter is the theory is a lot more diverse than for the previous one. There the theory was in areas I had little familiarity with, here there are some where I know an awful lot because I have basically spent the last twenty years reading around them. I must be careful because these are not the main areas even of this chapter and there are other areas which are less familiar which I also need to tackle.

Actually I have the two big bits in this chapter still to write, one is on the way the congregations negotiate who is in and who is out, particularly relating to aging congregations but also to the idea that they are a welcoming congregation, there is a lot of dealing with anxiety there and so forth. I think I am going to use some of the ideas from the Tavistock Centre where they look at the ways organisations despite their goals have to also work as a people centre and things like anxiety has to be dealt with so that congregations can function.

No comments:

Post a Comment