Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 24: Approaching an early half way mark

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:39,865
Words typed this week:3050
Words lost this week:0
Total increase: 3050
Days I managed to write this week:3
I am back to writing properly this week after a large editing session and also getting to the next draft of my chapter on location. I am tantalising near the half way mark for word count just 135 words short. This is optimistic because I know I have to loose words still from my methodology chapter. However it would be nice to turn in a thesis around 70,000 words.  I am about a third of the way through writing my second data chapter on community, I have now introduced the congregations or at least described them. On the sort of data you would collect as a quantitative researcher they sound pretty similar but when you start looking at the way they actual behave they are quite different. I may have blown Ulverstane's cover, I really cannot think of any other congregation in the URC that has ABBA impersonators regularly perform at congregational parties. The problem is that it has to be something similar enough to give the idea to the way this colours the whole feel of the congregation.

The other thing you will note is that I have all but finished one arm of the Triskele, so I now have to decide what colour I am going to do the next arm. I have light blue, light green, dark green, yellow, black, white, orange or red. Oh well a week to think on it.

I only wrote for three days as I was at my parents on Monday and had a migraine on Tuesday, I caught back up one of those days by writing on Friday but I was not up to doing it on Saturday. This week also looks tricky as I need to be in work early three out of my four working days, so I will be writing mainly in the evenings. On Monday this will take determination at least as I have writers group as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment