Friday, October 21, 2011

Second week: pace somewhat slower but another section written

Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 5,761
Words typed this week: 2,226
Days I managed to write this week: 3

I am still managing to write over 2,000 words a week, admittedly these are the easy words which is probably why I managed it in three days, actually I am hoping to do a fourth day tomorrow before my parents come but as they are over I knew I could not type them up then so I had to do it today, so it may well show as five days next week (only I have equal time problems next week).

The thing is that this really only covers part of the process. This week as well as writing these words I have also been preparing for a supervision, which has meant sending last weeks words off to proof readers and editing them plus making sure I have all the references in. I am supposed to do that when I type the words in, but I don't always, for a variety of reasons. For instance this week I still have a couple of references to put, these are to books that I have at work and are only peripherally of interest to my thesis but are useful for establishing a point. So I will have to find the references at work.

The other thing is I have actually managed to do some background reading as separate from the reading for the chapter I am actually writing. Some of it was just general methodology stuff, although Erving Goffman's The Presentation of Self in Everyday life is probably more than that, he is probably one of the people sitting around the table of my thoughts and I will need to explore him more when I get to writing my introduction, although I must admit present reading is methodological. I also finished one theory of Religion book and started another one on Reformed Spirituality. My reading is nothing if not eclectic.


Next week includes as supervision plus I am at a conference for work on Friday so is again busy, plus I suspect I will have finished this very easy part and will be having to write something more tricky by the end of the week. So lets see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment