Saturday, October 15, 2011

First week's progress

 Thesis Triskele on15th Oct 2011Maximum number of words: 80,000
Words typed so far: 3,526
Days I managed to write this week: 5

I know this is only the start and I am settling in and tackling the easy bits, but I am pleased with my progress so far. I am especially pleased that I managed to write for half and hour on five days this week because I also had a cold bug and needed to be in to work early one day. Now I tend to write before I go into work. So this combination was not good and I had planned a back up time in case I was not up to getting up earlier than usual to write. I naturally got up on time and did it.

However I am going to fine tune my working practices in a number of ways. Firstly I am going to try and write on four days a week not five. I have no difficulty as you can see from the figures above writing 500 words in half an hour! Indeed the writing against the clock seems almost an energising exercise that gives me a high that lasts until lunch time. What I did find difficult was getting those words typed in. I don't want a huge back log (it was not a problem this weekend but I can see it being in the future) and that gives me quite often my study day clear for typing in!




No comments:

Post a Comment