Sunday, April 19, 2015

Another Draft

This is really a quick note to say that as of tonight I have a semi-final draft for this submission. This is not the resubmission, it is however the start of the process of resubmission. I still have to do a few minor corrections but it is in the state my supervisor can read it.  The process from here on is as follows:
  • minor corrections and check abstract
  • draft cover document for the examiners
  • have supervision which will give the last changes my supervisor wants
  • make the corrections and do a basic format so that the full text can go to the editors
  • break while I let the editors work
  • revise and if I make alteration send back to editors
  • submit
It feels so different this time. The thesis is more like a thesis. The argument is contained really within a single chapter with three data chapters. It is not totally usual as I have an epilogue rather than a conclusion as basically I finish the argument at the end of the previous chapter. The epilogue deals with the relevance of my research. It is a hard task to negotiate the Scylla of making claims that are far to far reaching for the research and on the other hand the Charybdis of claim so little that your work seems irrelevant. Anyway it is done.

Well next weekend will be spent in minor editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment