Sunday, February 10, 2013

Writing most of chapter on tradition

some of the texts cited
This weekend has been a bit of a catch up weekend in that I was hoping to have got a lot further last weekend with my writing than I did. I am still behind as I have to make the final bit of argument in this chapter on tradition and then deal with the structure.

The problem really with this chapter is that there is so much that could go into it. I think that I could write a whole book on it. Indeed I might do so one day as there are themes and ideas coming out. The problem is that in order to do that I will need to deal with theology.

I have got as far as having to bring in the last piece of argument and then to go back through and put in the structural sign posts now that I know what the structure is. It is really odd, when I started doing this thesis I would plan my essays almost down to the last paragraph and allocate word limits to each. With my thesis chapters I am having to start writing and rewriting then seeing what comes out and yet I am acutely aware of word limit for the chapter. Therefore I at the moment am well aware one section would be stronger with a third example but that there is no obvious example that is not covered elsewhere. There may also need to be a matter of dealing with how congregation interact with the tradition which may well be another section.

This is getting as rambling as I am in the chapter. Anyway I thought people would like to see some of the more fun references in my thesis. Yes I mention all of these in this chapter, well one still needs to go in. Actually in the absence of any really scholarly texts I have had to go back to novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment