Saturday, February 16, 2013

Two chapters off to my supervisor!

relaxing after sending chapters
I have just sent two chapters off to my supervisor. This is not as big as it sounds as one chapter was the worship chapter whihchh at my last supervision we agreed I had forgotten to put the signage into it and I needed to go away and do that. That is only about 500 words in total that needed adding but it makes a huge difference to how the chapter reads.

I have also sent the chapter of tradition. After last weekends effort which broke the back of the chapter, this weekend I have just had to review and revise what I wrote last weekend and finish the final section. Then to go through the whole thing and make sure that I have worked out the signage as I did for the worship chapter. I am beginning to realise that the thesis has spirals within spirals and in each of those I have to make sure the signage is clear. As I have not totally worked out how each chapter actually fits into the whole thesis there is still some interim feel about this. Here is an interesting one, this is the chapter people want to read, I am not sure why.

I am also in the process of reviewing my chapter on belonging. This is the chapter that came out best out of the initial review. If I recall correctly there are no major changes to be made to this chapter. That said having gone through my own review of it, I do need to spend some time on the theory section. It is not clear and seems to have got all muddled up. This is normally a sign that I have not fully digested the thought of the thinkers when I was writing so an actual go at tidying that up, giving enough of the flavour of the thinkers but also creating an argument seems to be the main struggle with the chapter. The working out of the inward and outward needs some refinement. The outward is not really the outward but rather evidence for unsettling of the inward discourse. Then I need to write a proper conclusion and put in the signage!

No comments:

Post a Comment