Monday, January 7, 2013

Return after New Year

Sorry no picture this time. I have however been busy. The thesis length now stands at just below the 100,000 mark at 99,888, what is 112 words between friends. Well it means that I have 19,888 words too many for my thesis! I could loose a chapter without difficulties and I still have one to write. However the last few months I seem to have recovered my ability to write to length. Therefore I wrote under 5,000 words for my introduction and if I am honest I already know that some of that is waffle and needs trimming but in the end it was get it down so I continued writing. Actually I am pretty sure there is something else that needs dealing with as part of the preliminaries so that might well replace some of the waffle.

I also have written out a timetable for completing my thesis. Unfortunately this pushes me towards June, which is unfortunate but I cannot see anyway that I can do more than two major redrafts of chapters in a month. My plan is to tackle the most tricky first and get them out of the way, hoping that by doing this when I get to the easier ones it will go more quickly. The only snag being that I have to leave Methodology to pretty late on and it will need vicious editing.

Other than that I get to see my supervisor on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment