Sunday, January 13, 2013

Minor Redraft of Introduction

coffee table chaos while
preparing for redraft
After my supervision on Wednesday I realised I needed to pretty quickly do a small revision on my introduction chapter. To do this I needed to revisit stuff I have not looked at for some time. That is I had to talk about the theorists I have not used in my thesis to try and place the theorists that I have.

It is an intriguing thing to do as actually quite a few of them do appear but they are bit players rather than major theorists. The major ones are those that I have returned to again and again. This is not to make it in any sense a thesis about them.

Anyway I have got to deal with the worship chapter now. So far I have printed out a copy of the chapter which needs to be shorter and also to decide how to make the argument flow through it rather than have it at the start and the finish. There is now something interesting to say, something which needs to be dealt with but how am I going to deal with that. What does the tension between "I" locus and "we" locus of worship? Does it matter whether the congregations sees itself as gathered individuals or a team. If so what does this imply about worship being a mirror 'of' or 'for'. Plenty of questions to answer and an argument to create. I better get reading my Geertz.


No comments:

Post a Comment