Sunday, June 9, 2013

Methodology Finally Redrafted Despite a Wedding

The last glass of champagne at 
the wedding
The last champaign glass left on the table once all the other stuff had been cleared from the after wedding celebration. No it was not mine. It was a church member's daughter. I was not even going to go until a week ago, then I realised that for the sound desk to play background music I probably needed to be there. I then discovered they were bringing a CD.This is problematic, despite the fact my church is old fashioned, we can really only play sound from things with a head phone socket! CDs do not have head phone sockets. We are not too fussed on the sort of socket although it is set for 3.5mm. It also came apparent to me that the church crew were chronically understaffed: one able bodied, one over eighty who is slowing down and another with only one leg. For evacuation in cases of fire you need three door stewards! Actually I cared about the person getting married and the crew to know that I should do something about it. The only problem was that I was supposed to be writing thesis. Indeed I was drawn in four directions as there an Anti-Facist demonstration and also a church plant sale. However those were not serious contenders with thesis. I know where at present my priorities lie but the wedding....

Anyway I did both the rehearsal on Friday evening and the Wedding yesterday which included clearing up afterwards I actually had about four hours in total for study over Friday and Saturday. There was no point in me trying to work immediately on coming in from wedding as I was just overloaded and tired. Even after a couple of hours in bed and some proper food I was still decidedly distracted indeed I felt pretty migrainy. So I decided that I had to say I was not making publicity meeting at church today. Sent the email, only to find it was cancelled. Nice of people to tell me.

So that meant that I would have the full day working on thesis and what was even better my brain was clearing and I was at last able to make some sort of sense of the section on writing as analysis. Having got that sorted, I was able to quite quickly deal with ethics, reflexivity and review. The result is the Methodology at just over 10K words (a drop from 19K) has gone off to my supervisor.


No comments:

Post a Comment