Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 52 and 53: Slow but steady progress

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:89,204
Words typed these weeks:2802
Words lost these weeks:0
Total increase:2802
Days I managed to write this fortnight:6

Yes I know I should have reported last week and didn't. Apologies, I thought there were about two hundred words more to add that needed adding on the Monday and then I did not get around to doing it and the rest of the week took over. In fact I still have those notes to add. Progress has been slow, getting time to work on it has been difficult but I think I have crossed the mid chapter crisis successfully. Indeed Friday when I only added about a thousand words was the day when I did a lot of thinking about how I structured the chapter and made quite a few adjustments to what I had already written. This means that in some ways I have a structure for the rest of the chapter that should make filling the gap rather easy. The trick was to change the structure of what I wrote last week so that the next section seemed to reflect it and create a path to work through. I think I have managed the change from some fairly technical scientific understanding into creating a space where I can explore that understanding

This coming week which is hectic work wise I have to write another 3,000 words to get to the end of the chapter. There is quite a bit that I can draw on to create these words I just have to be careful how I treat it. I am beginning to realise that the question my supervisor set me half way through my thesis is actually answered by it, until I got to reviewing the structure of this chapter I felt I had missed it, but actually in the last section of the last chapter it will be there. So hard work but in all truth the end at least as far as the argument goes is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment