Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 48: Crossing 80,000 word mark

Maximum number of words:80,000
Words typed so far:82,964
Words typed this week:5614
Words lost this week:0
Total increase:5164
Days I managed to write this week:3

Right that is over 80,000 words. So my thesis is now officially TOO LONG. Indeed it is almost 3,000 words too long. What is more it is going to get longer before it gets shorter. I have another almost 10,000 words to write before I can start editing down the too long chapters. At present my chapters on location, community and worship are 50% longer than they need to be and the methodology is around 100% too long. However I have another chapter to write before I can start chopping. This one on flows.

The other thing is the 5,516 words written this weekend. Given how slow I was before the holiday it really looks as if the holiday has done me good. However you might like to consider that I spent a lot of time reviewing the data chapters and such while away in preparation for this writing. This gave me a set of notes on which it was based and the 5,516 came easier than the previous writing.

So the then I have now finished my chapter on belonging and need to move onto the big theory one. This has been looking at small theory or I will be if my supervisor agrees on Tuesday.

Finally one point, this post also marks a year of writing. In that I have written over 80,000 words. Is it possible to write up a thesis in a year full time. It certainly looks like it from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment